Research interests and collaboration goals
My research interests are the concept of the self, self-consciousness, and self-knowledge. I focus on the priority question of knowledge from the self or knowledge from the others, from the perspectives of epistemology, philosophy of mind and philosophy of language. I am also at the beginning period of doing researches on metaphysical and the cosmological conception of human and the self in Medieval Western philosophy, and individuality and personal identity problem in between ancient Greek philosophy and ancient Chinese philosophy. I collaborate with my team members for the research on the cognitive process seen through learning language, gaining knowledge, and developing creativity in childhood.
- 2014 – present D Philosophy of Mind. The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Poland
- 2012-2014 MA degree English and American Language and Literature (MA Thesis: “Mark Twain’s Tom Sawyers: Growth in Knowledge of Self and World”). Northeastern University, China
- 2007-2011 BA degree English and American Language and Literature Department. (BA Thesis: “Eternal Childhood: As Seen by Mark Twain & Tom Sawyer”) Northeastern University, China
- Chinese, English
- “Consciousness and Self in a Baby’s World”, in the 11th Annual Philosophers’ Rally, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (2nd -4th July, 2015)
- “Immunity to Boredom: the Self in Plotinus’ Philosophy”, in the 3rd International Interdisciplinary Boredom Conference, University of Warsaw (2nd -3rd June, 2016)
- “Linguistic and Cultural Contexts in the Functioning and Development of the Mindreading System”, in the 1st Context, Cognition and Communication Conference, co-authored with Arkadiusz Gut, University of Warsaw (15th -18th June, 2016)
- “Personal Identity in Chinese Thought: Gleamings from Western Philosophy”, in the summer university seminar “What Makes Us Human? Philosophical and Religious Perspectives in China and the West”, Central European University (4th -15th July, 2016)
- “Does Language Trigger a Pattern of Thinking about the Self ?–An Analysis of Cross-cultural Research Including Poles and Chinese”, in the 9th International Conference on the Dialogical Self, co-authored with Arkadiusz Gut, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (7th -10th September, 2016)
Academic research assistance
- Researcher under the supervision of Prof. Arkadiusz Gut in: National Science Centre’s International Program Harmonia 6 (2015-2018) (in cooperation with researchers from Chinese University of Hong Kong and Beijing Foreign Studies University, Warsaw University)
- Cooperation in “Is Mindreading a Universal or Culture-specific Construct?”. In: Airenti, G., Bara, B. G., Sandini, G. and M. Cruciani (eds.), Proceedings of the EuroAsianPacific Joint Conference on Cognitive Science, Vol. 1419 of CEUR Workshop Proceedings, online: CEUR-WS.org, 499-505.
Preparing literature and translating documents for
- “Chinese Dream (中国梦)—Textual Image of the Collectivist Construct Embodying the Spirit of Contemporary China”. IN: Zeszyty Prasoznawcze. Kraków 2015, T. 58, nr 4 (224), s. 839–859. doi:10.4467/2299-6362PZ.15.056.4295
- “Western and Eastern Conceptions of Creativity” (will be published in 2016)
- Chinese translator of Układam kamienie, żeby leżały Równo (How I put stones in a straight line) by Wojciech Dunin-Kozicki and Monika Chylinska in Lublin City Mayor Scholarship for Artists 2016.